Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened today, two months ago I traded my 1996 Caprice for a 1984 Corvette that I had bought new in 1983 to one of my best friends, it was an even trade no money involved. I sold my friend the Corvette for ten thousand dollars about eight years ago and told him if he ever wanted to sell it back I would buy it, so two months ago he said he was looking for a more comfortable car so I offered him my Caprice for it and he agreed to it then he put the Caprice for sale for half what I was selling the car last year, so I decided to buy it from him, now I have both cars and very happy with the deal, it is the car pictured in the avatar.:)

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Moderators -

- please change title to, 'My Previous Other Other Past Other car is back'

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My previous car is back

It happened today, two months ago I traded my 1996 Caprice for a 1984 Corvette that I had bought new in 1983 to one of my best friends, it was an even trade no money involved. I sold my friend the Corvette for ten thousand dollars about eight years ago and told him if he ever wanted to sell it back I would buy it, so two months ago he said he was looking for a more comfortable car so I offered him my Caprice for it and he agreed to it then he put the Caprice for sale for half what I was selling the car last year, so I decided to buy it from him, now I have both cars and very happy with the deal, it is the car pictured in the avatar.:)
Editing

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Yo. We pretty much caught on to the great news with your first version. Good karma snagging the Vette you bought new over 30 years ago! And quite the Wall Street manuever you pulled on that yours/his/your Caprice.

Now stop, you've used up your good luck for awhile eh. cwm2

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I took possession of the Corvette after eight years, I took it all apart to fix everything hat was wrong with it, my friend is not a car guy so he just put gas and drive. I told my wife " I bet the Caprice is a mess in just two months of been away" Yes, big coffee stain on the carpet, mats and part of the seats, just finished cleaning and servicing the car to put it back he way it was before:)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Congratulations I'm happy you got your car back , Sorry for the coffee stain cwm9

·
Registered
946 Posts
All this and no pics of either car? Show em off man!!!

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take pictures today and post them soon, I have been dealing with another disaster(flooded house) water line broke and there is water damage everywhere.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You may be one of the only people on the planet who is happy with an '84 Corvette.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Who Died and turned this into the old fart's car thread?

You may be one of the only people on the planet who is happy with an '84 Corvette.
Hey Hey Hey now. Funny. Probably accurate too. But be nice. He was obviously happy enough 30 years ago to buy it new. And just remember those things looked really exotic - like a Vector maybe. Well, until you parked one next to a Bricklin anyway.

And anyway, I'd love to have the car back that I was driving 30 years ago. '82 Electra. warmed up rebuilt 455 Olds. Rebuilt 400thm. 2.42. 8" steelies and wire caps. HA bar. Chrome side visors. White/White/Red Velour.

NEVER GOT ONE TICKET IN OVER 9 YEARS!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not had the problems most people talk about the 84 Corvette, it ha:eek:s been a good car for me. I took this car to Europe in 1984 and went everywhere with it including Nurburgring with the Swiss Corvette club, made mistake to sell both cars but no more, now they are home to stay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts