Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1996 ImpalaSS WX3
514 Posts
Hey SoCal,
How did you end up liking these settings? I compared them to what I've come up with and there are similarities and differences. But I also have a 2.56 geared wagon so that could explain some of the difference. I've also made trans shift changes such as keeping the converter locked up and tweaking shift points.
I'm set pretty aggressively and do get some slight surging now and then. It is almost not noticeable. I may need to make further changes once I get the exhaust done. Once I'm able to hear the engine the slight surge may be much more noticeable.
I’m currently running 3.08’s in the diff.
I only set the retard to 17.5 initially to get a feel for it, i also didn’t want to be too aggressive with the rear end after reading about aggravating a “Clunk”in an earlier post.
It feels pretty good, I can “feel” the decel occurring gently since it’s real light yet and not a head jerk.
I’m not getting any surges at all and no problems at lower rpms...
I’ve still got to address the shift points and TCC lockup settings, then take it up to 20 degrees of retard, but so far so good

·
Registered
1996 ImpalaSS WX3
514 Posts
I’m sorry.
I would have sworn I answered you on this topic.
I plugged them all in on a basically stock speedometer recalibrated tune, but kept the retard to 17.5 degrees as a test run to see if I could feel the decel just slightly and kick in points.
Everything seems to run perfectly and as soon as I get my lazy butt to finish some entries I need to complete, I’ll give Marky’s tune we’ve worked extensively on a try, and also do a “compare“ to see how his numbers match up to yours.
I’ll be in a better position to comment on the results after I’m done.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts