Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 caprice that came with no engine transmission and wiring or the computer my question is will I need the computer if I have the donor computer and all the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
You should use the computer and harness that goes with the 5.3.
That harness that was cut, it is just a pass-thru, not a connector.
The other side of those wires goes to connectors behind the right side kick panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I shouldn't need it. Just use the on from my donor engine. Will all the other functions work like cc ac abs and instrument cluster will be coming out of a 2001 corvette

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pictures of the interior being remove out

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
What you are taking on is not trivial, but doable. What you want to do is marry the two electrical systems. You need to be one part detective and one part electrical engineer. It helps if you get the entire electrical system from the donor, so that your vehicle thinks that it is a 2001 Corvette, not realizing it is in Caprice clothing.

The 2001 Corvette factory service manual and the 95 Caprice/Impala SS/Roadmaster Factory Service Manuals will have the electrical schematics to allow you to determine what needs to be grafted in and what can be used of the remainder of the Caprice system.

For instance, the '95 Caprice PCM gets info from a pressure sensor in the AC system and uses the pressure info in its decision as to turning on the radiator fans. I don't know how the Corvette does it.

Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts