Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock roadmaster with those chrome spoke hubcaps and they rattle like crazy when i drive. fast, slow, it doesn't matter. if the car moves they go "tik, tik, tik, tik, tik." i can't take it anymore! is there any easy fix for this? or should i just suck it up and buy some rims?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about taking the caps off and running some silicone on the back of the cap where the spokes pass through? Is there access to the spoke mounting points? My RMW has the aluminum wheels...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 93 wagon had spoker hubcaps on it when I got the car. There was a rubber "gasket" between the spoker and the wheel. Does you RM still have these "gaskets"? I know sometimes these get misaligned due to removal/install, check to see if yours are aligned correctly, or there at all.

HTH
~Mik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do what Jayolschool said. You may need to unbolt the head (piece the center cap snaps in to) to access some spokes, but do so carefully so the spokes don't fall out. Do both sides of the spokes. If you take your time it's really easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.