Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after looking at pictures of other and getting christmas money this is what i just did today

little dirty, actully very, but hey its winter and i dont feel liek getting the hose out here, as u can see i was already working outside in snow. it works very well in the car.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think randode already beat you to it he made one for his caprice a while back i remember.But still good job,how did you get the bent pipe?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>i think randode already beat you to it he made one for his caprice a while back i remember. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actully yes he did but that because i looked at the pic of his car and decided thats what i wanted.

as for the bend i know randode said he had the pipe laying around as for me i looked in a checker mag and they had a coupon so much off a honda civic intake, lol then i realised it was the perfect bend when filter was put on the other side. after that all it needed was a little cutting and fit like a glove.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey you got the part numbers for that i wanted to do an engine mod but didn't have any ideas

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the company that makes the air intake tube is spectre industries inc (part number 8219) but i cant find their site. i just got it at checker auto with a 3aracing.com filter from checker auto too. but if u dont wanna pay that much for the tube any 3in pipe or whatever wit a bend will work.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're gonna stick with that intake, it is suggested that you remove your Thermac (the flapper thing) and gut the airbox.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already gutted the box but havent taken that thermac out, ill look at doing it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts