Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group, picked up my 96 SS last week. It has about 145k miles and the engine seems strong. Has a willwood brake setup that seems slushy and going to get a tune up and get all the internals looked at as well as the brakes. Car is black with a horrible wrap along with billet wheels and steering wheel which look good but aren’t my cup of tea. Will be selling the rims and steering wheel at some point this year. Plan to keep as close to stock as possible and going to paint her dark Cherry metalic, always loved that color. Looking forward to the project!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car seat cover

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome!
I can understand why you'd want to replace the 5 wheels. Not horrible, but not my cup of tea either.
Interior looks very nice.
Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
Welcome! I would strongly suggest you sell it and buy a Dark Cherry Metallic car. Paint is very expensive, especially if you do the door jambs and such. Also it looks like the original air deflectors are missing from around the radiator; the pic looks like you're in the Southeast USA; overheating in traffic may become a problem.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! I would strongly suggest you sell it and buy a Dark Cherry Metallic car. Paint is very expensive, especially if you do the door jambs and such. Also it looks like the original air deflectors are missing from around the radiator; the pic looks like you're in the Southeast USA; overheating in traffic may become a problem.
Yea color swaps can be a bear but I have some great auto body guys and will be ripping out the interior so the jams etc should not be an issue…im in phoenix and heat is definitely something to contend with. This is going to be my cruiser and not any daily driving which should help

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
Man, A Dark Cherry daily in Phoenix? Can you park it in the shade during the day? I've been through Arizona in June; I'd go with tan or silver/grey! And that new nanoceramic tint for sure. We drive out west every other year and I had XPEL Prime XR Plus installed on the front windows and windshield and it was an unbelievable difference.

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
297 Posts
Looks good, fix the crack in the drivers door before it gets worse.

Reactions: davidpinedajr
1 - 8 of 8 Posts