Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this just a little while ago. Its a 91 ranger 2wd, 4cyl 2.3L 5spd, shortbox. Custom blue/silver metalic paint. Has alot of suspension work to it, and the underneath is clean as a whistle. Its a texas truck untill about 2 years ago. Has 53k origional miles too! Fancy headliner, cd player, and a small 8" sub behind the pass seat. I sold the guy that I bought the truck off from my 96 cobra rims, and now I have them back, lol. Truck needs to be lowered still. Thinking a 4/5 drop with dreambeams and a rear flip kit, with lowering springs up front. I like it! Nice little cruising truck, and the frankenstein exhaust actually has a little bite to it, without being ricey for a 4 banger. I want to put a rollpan on the rear to finish off the truck, but that will be after a forced (in 2 ways, lol) motor swap, as a freind fried the motor out of it a couple of weeks ago. My merkur 2.3L turbo will be between the shock towers hopefully by the time spring rolls around.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy ole big pictures batman!!! Sorry about the pic size, didnt realize that I didnt crop them before I uploaded them! lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
haha is that a merkur xr4ti in the background???? a couple of my buds love those cars

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, NICE EYE! Yes it is. its an 86! Just got done doing a head gaskett on it, and went to go get it inspected and found out that it has NO rockers left, and the rear frame is a little punky. It sucks too, cause its a pretty sweet car! I got a few good spare parts for it too. Allready has a 3 inch exhaust that I will swap over to the ranger with the motor.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Nice! Like the color and the cobra rims. I love Rangers especially 1st and second Gens. I have owned a bunch over the years. For a Good Forum, you have a few choices. rangerpowersports.com is more geared towards street trucks, but I prefer Ranger-forums.com.

One of my dreams is to take an 86-88 Ranger Ext. cab and swap the frames for a 98+ so I have a better suspension and rack and pinion, then swap in a GM gen III engine with a T-56.

~HJ

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Ok. I gotta ask "Why?" I was expecting a beat up, rusted out, primer-spotted POS with studded snows. THAT's a Ranger to be excited about. Especially in Maine!

But this one as a project? I don't get it... :confused:

*shrug*

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! Like the color and the cobra rims. I love Rangers especially 1st and second Gens. I have owned a bunch over the years. For a Good Forum, you have a few choices. rangerpowersports.com is more geared towards street trucks, but I prefer Ranger-forums.com.

One of my dreams is to take an 86-88 Ranger Ext. cab and swap the frames for a 98+ so I have a better suspension and rack and pinion, then swap in a GM gen III engine with a T-56.

~HJ
Yea, I thought it was pretty sharp, espicaly with the nice cromed out front, and the clean rear end. I would love to "wreck" my escalade and swap my 6.0 HO into there, that would be a screamer! 6 speed would be pretty nice too!

Ok. I gotta ask "Why?" I was expecting a beat up, rusted out, primer-spotted POS with studded snows. THAT's a Ranger to be excited about. Especially in Maine!

But this one as a project? I don't get it... :confused:

*shrug*
Yea, clean ass ranger, cant belive It was up here, but thats the good thing about southern vehicles, you can ship them anywhere! Its a project because one of my wifes friends ran the truck without any oil in it (oil sensor was blown out of the engine for some reason) and roasted the last cyclinder out of it, so right now it runs like a 3 cyl yugo. So Ill swap the trubo motor from my merkur into it, because the 2.3's are the same, just one has forged pistions and a turbo! Turn up the wick and close to 300whp will be mine!

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
This is a danger ranger, complete with reflective black decals on both doors :)

Rest it's soul. it had over 245,000 miles on it. 3.0L V6, 5 spd Mazda Trans, 2wd with 3.45's. I added a factory LSD. Even without a lot of weight in the back it went thru snow great, with BFG ALL terrian T/A KO's (27x8.5x14) on all four corners. I would have still been driving it, but it got broaded sided when I was making a left hand turn, and it messed the suspension up, not to mention the cab. Ended up getting $300 from the scrap yard for it, after I took a lot of stuff off (DS, tires, LSD and gears, engine parts etc).

It even had it's own video from when I first had it (before I put the LSD in). Living proof that auto-rx worked. Quieted that PS pump down you here in the video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Video-Collection-of-my_86687.htm

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats a helluva DD man! We got a ton of thouse around up here, and with the 5spd they will damn near last forever! And atleast it went out with a bang, instead of whining and wimpering (aka nickle and diming) to death. Wish that my motor would have gone on that long, but it will spur some serious hp increase. I think anything over the 105hp and 135ft lbs will be a nice increase, and being able to actually use 5th gear would be kinda cool too! lol.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I got rock solid 22-23.5mpg with it, save for winter was like 17mpg because of the 500lbs of sand :) There was a lot of **** broken on it, and I got most of it fixed. I wished the AC worked on it when I had it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts