Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was wondering what modifications could be made to my wagon to improve its overall performance. It is an 1993 Caprice with 5.7L, 4spd auto. Primary use is hauling the family around but I have always had Muscle cars and want to improve on the Caprice's performance. If I need to give someone more info I can get it.
A friend of mine is V.I.S.ing the VIN as we speak.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheap and easy mods include a change to the induction system, including a TBI spacer and lifting the injectors up a bit to give the fuel and air more room to atomize. Next, open up the airbox and fashion a new forced air intake from the front of the black box on top of the engine. I did those things to my '92 and it was peppier and a bit better at the pumps. I sold it before I got too far into it when a 95 LT1 wagon came along. Good luck and enjoy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand the intake mods and TBI spacer but what is ment by raising the injectors? Do you have a specific product in mind?
Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.