Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have seen this build thread elsewhere, but thought I'd share it here too.

So it started out like this:

then:

i wont bore you with all the build photos, on to the good stuff:

Things left to do:

I want to tint the headlights, tail lights, tag cover, and fogs lights darker. HID kit in the heads, and fogs. LEDs in the tails and tag lights. Black low profile tool box, black ladder rack, black ladder.

Then start to work on the interior.

Things unseen:

headman headers, true duals with dumps before the axle, cold air kit, 4/6 drop, bell tech spindles, KYB shocks, self leveling air bags in rear, hidden hitch (behind plate) remote start alarm, kenwood cd, two layers of 5% tint, spray in bedliner, etc etc. lots of fun stuffs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That looks great! I take it you painted it yourself? If so what brand paint did you use? I ask bc my Brother is about to paint his 78caprice the same color as well, and looking for some good paint.thx

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sir. A friend of mine owns a body shop and painted it for me. This is not rattle can, its a professional paint job. This satin paint is not just a single stage el-cheapo paint job. Its a base coat, clear coat with flattner. Its not easy to spray, and you cant hide any mistakes with buffing... because you cant buff it at all.

The glossy on top is base+clear, but obviously, no flattner in the clear on the top.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
No sir. A friend of mine owns a body shop and painted it for me. This is not rattle can, its a professional paint job. This satin paint is not just a single stage el-cheapo paint job. Its a base coat, clear coat with flattner. Its not easy to spray, and you cant hide any mistakes with buffing... because you cant buff it at all.

The glossy on top is base+clear, but obviously, no flattner in the clear on the top.
Tru yeah it looks real nice man, I like how how you left it like that on top with no flattner

·
Registered
260 Posts
man that looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
It was just another black truck with black windows and black wheels... And theeeeeennnnnn we got to those tails.

Very good Mr. -heel.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Outstanding Private Pyle!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Mig, do we have room for a new member in Team Blackout? I think we do.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Looks good! But that top of the gate plastic NEEDS to be gloss black like the rest of the top of the truck!

I've had that paint job running around in my head for something, for quite a while now, too. ;)

Nice work!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks TMT. Actually, the mirrors, cowl, tailgate guard, and wiper arms are all on the list to be removed, sanded smooth, and painted.

Didn't really think about it much until it was all done.

Also on a "want to do" list, is the HD2500 hood, SS front bumper, and big brake upgrade.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts