Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm Joe and I'm a new guy. I've almost bought a B-body wagon for my wife to drive a couple of time in the past but she doesn't like them. Well, a few days ago I stumbled upon this "beauty" :p and it was so cheap I couldn't say no. It's a '92 RMW with a L05. 150,000 miles. It is ROUGH but it runs STRONG. I don't really know what I'm gonna do with it yet. I'm going to drive it over the winter and go from there. As you guys can see, the inside is trashed! I need lots of parts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah...When I cleaned it out I found about 5 lbs of wet dog food under the spare tire, a broken short wave radio, $4.23 in coins, a button that said "I'm here for the blow job", about 7 gallons of water mixed with old books and tooth paste in the rear footwell and verious other objects in there. Had to empty the shop vac 4 times. Bleech/Mr.Clean and several rags later it almost smells like a normal 17 y/o car...almost.lol cwm8:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey Joe

That will be a great winter car. You should have no problems finding interior parts for that. That is a common color interior. Some parts are 91 to 93 specific such as the second seat. Any year front seats should fit, they are slightly different in color, but not much.

Clean and shampoo will make all the difference in the world.

Good Luck

Tom C.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it was cheap and runs good, that is all that matters. If you decide to let her go, LMK.
I have a blue 92 and a white 93 RMW and I love them both. The L05 is not as powerful as the LT1, but still a real strong runner that surprises alot of the other cars and trucks at the red lights. I wonder what on earth tore up the rear seat that bad. Them kids needed their asses beat as bad as their parents did.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it was cheap and runs good, that is all that matters. If you decide to let her go, LMK.
I have a blue 92 and a white 93 RMW and I love them both. The L05 is not as powerful as the LT1, but still a real strong runner that surprises alot of the other cars and trucks at the red lights. I wonder what on earth tore up the rear seat that bad. Them kids needed their asses beat as bad as their parents did.
Yeah, I was kinda sad when I saw it was a L05 but at least it doesn't have opti-spark.;) I wasn't really looking for a racecar anyways. I already have two vehicles that I drag race. I dont know what the heck happened to the seats. The front looks worse than the back. It looks like somebody locked up a pissed off mountian lion in it. Reminds me of this....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the wet dog food you found is a clue as to what happened.:)
They must've had Saint Bernards or something big to trash it like that. It was the worst smelling car I've ever been in too (pre-cleaning).

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Looks like a great winter beater. Nothing a little TLC won't fix.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you'll be visiting Pull A Part, I used to visit there all the time wile I was working in Nashville. http://www.pullapart.com/Locations/LocationDetail.aspx?locationId=6
Already been. I love that place. They had one wagon, a OCC, but somebody already got the back glass and the interior was the wrong color. They do have lots of other b-bodies and some Bonnevilles but nothing with tan interior or with seats worth having. I'll keep watching their website to see if they get any new ones.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sweet,How much was this great find.
i would do this in no particular order:
1.Obviously a must has to be the hatch glass.

2.seat covers, and floor mats will make a world off difference in that interior.

3. Strip the trims and wood, spray pint the brown under coating white.

4. get a roll pan. there going for about 60 shipped on ebay, if you want one let me know and ill send you a link.

with those easy fixes this wag can go from a potential pick a part car to a daily driven project and all that i mentioned would be cheap to do. Good luck with your wag, and welcome.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Atleast its not an L03 :)
I agree 100%.

Sweet,How much was this great find.
i would do this in no particular order:
1.Obviously a must has to be the hatch glass.

2.seat covers, and floor mats will make a world off difference in that interior.

3. Strip the trims and wood, spray pint the brown under coating white.

4. get a roll pan. there going for about 60 shipped on ebay, if you want one let me know and ill send you a link.

with those easy fixes this wag can go from a potential pick a part car to a daily driven project and all that i mentioned would be cheap to do. Good luck with your wag, and welcome.
The guy was asking $500. I got her for $350.:D

I'm working on getting a back glass from SWT SS right now. I also have to get a new battery and fix the PS leak. One qt. of PS fluid last about 10 miles. I have a set of 17" Torque Thrusts with tires that came off a '90s SS. I bought them for my '63 C10. I'll probably roll with them on the wagon untill the tires wear out and go from there. I plan on taking off the trim and probably the wood too. I like the roll pan idea. Send me a link.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the link to the roll pan, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...220478168472&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab=Watching
the smoothie ones are gone but this is still an awesome deal. a lot of forum members have already bought these and have made an offer of $30, with shipping your looking at $60 to your door.

17 torq thrust was the first wheel i ran on my wag when i first got it, wish i never sold them.
Thanks for the link!
I like the look of bigger wheels but I wanted to be able to use my truck as a truck so the 17's are perfect. The Kuhmos on them are too low proflie for the truck but should work for the wagon. Its funny because I paid $400 for the wheels and tires and $350 for the car.
Do you have a pic of your car with the torque thrusts on it?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if i remember right the tires were 45s, stock springs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if i remember right the tires were 45s, stock springs.
Looks good. I think mine are 275/45's. I may cut a 1/2 or maybe 1 coil out of the front springs to close that gap some. Where in Cali are you. My wife is from Bakersfield. It looks like you live in my inlaw's neigborhood.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.