Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I find out my local yard has a Olds CC and I thought I might score a front bumper & grille. I was also looking for a door for my sedan too. I spot this thing parked out front not with the other junk cars. I talk to the guy about the bumper and such and ask him if it still runs, he tells me yes and hands me the keys and it starts up. He proceeds to tell me that the car belonged to the owners girlfriends grandfather that passed away and that the title was never signed off and thats why they are scrapping it. Well the owner happened to be out of town and this guy seemed to think that I might be able to buy the whole car if they could get the title transfered. The car has 141k on it and some bubbles on the right quarter above the wheel, looked like it had been painted before. Really nothing special, I need a winter car anyway and hopefully I can get my hands on this for cheap! If not I'll be taking it apart. What do you guys think is a good price?

I also found a rust free door for the sedan but the glass was smashed out. Is the glass hard to replace in the rear doors? Now this car was a '91 with grey leather with real nice door panels that I'm going to get also. Score!

Here's some pics. >>>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn, looks like you found a good opportunity there. It definitely looks clean and elderly owned. :cool: I'd throw out an offer for about $700 to start, and see if they show any interest. They are gonna scrap in after all anyway... Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actually not a bad looking Cruiser. 92 with the 5.7L too. Don't let 'em scrap it!

Easily worth $1K unless there are holes underneath. Not sure what they'd let it go for though, guess it largely depends on what they could get from it for scrap metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.