Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Caprice Classic, It used to be my joy but there are so many little problems with it that I'm not sure if its worth keeping, so I have come to this forum for your help.

Engine proformance:
Runs fine... I love the engine, never ever gave me major problems.

Exterior: definatly needs a paint job I've shopped around and was given the average price range between 1,500 - 2,000

Interior: the handles used for closining the door, are gone... I'm not sure how much this will cost.

Electrical: wow...where do I start, both windows on my right passenger side refuse to go down, speedometer recently has been going out, I have to tap it slightly to turn it back on, and my door refuses to lock on my right front passenger side.

Brakes and Tires: I wanna put chrome 22's on it. its still riding on donuts...

Ok, now should I just sell this car, or is it worth fixing?

about how much would it cost to fix all of this?

about how much should I sell it for?

Where could I find a place that would fix most of the problems in the electrical section?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would deff hold on the rims.

The gauge cluster prolly needs to be replaced. Local junkyard here charges 27 bucks for cluster.

Interior handles can be had from the junkyard as well. With these older cars, the junkyard is you best friend.

Door lock may be a bad switch or lock actuator. Again, junk yard FTW

You can do a paint job yourself. Rustolem paint works pretty well, self leveling and tough. Me and a friend painted one. Came out great.

If you do the work yourself and get the parts from the junkyard your should get a decent amount of the work done for a FAIR price. Under 350.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
First thing you need to do is climb under the car and look for rust. Im not talking surface rust, Im talking bad rust. Pics would help, get us pics of any rust on the underside as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
First thing you need to do is climb under the car and look for rust. Im not talking surface rust, Im talking bad rust. Pics would help, get us pics of any rust on the underside as well.
Yeah I need to learn to do that more often. Ended up with a very rusty g body :(

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yeah I need to learn to do that more often. Ended up with a very rusty g body :(
Extremly easy to end up with a rusted g body...those back frame rails seem like there made of plastic......thats why when i cam across mine i had to buy it, no frame rust.

on the caprice issue where are u located?..sure someone can help u with a cheaper cost.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm going through the same problem without the electrical issue, but I've owned the car since 60k and I got a good price on it when I bought it and I've wanted this car since I was in the third grade (which was in 96) because my neighbor had an SS and another one owned a caprice so I just decided to slowly fix what I can, I'm just not sure what to do about the paint because the roof and hood need to be repainted bad and the paint on the doors is in good condition but I have tones of door dings from my last job I was at. So if I was you and your planing on buying another cap/imp, ur better off fixing what you have because you don't know that your not going to end up with the same issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts