Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i rebuilt my impala ss brake calipers they were all rusty and dirty so i took the calipers apart pistons and seals and i got the out side of the pistons soda blasted and the inside sand blasted and paint the inside of the pistons yellow
then i got my caliper sand blasted and powder coated yellow and got some impala ss brake decals on ebay

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.usFront caliper piston

Uploaded with ImageShack.usRear caliper piston

Uploaded with ImageShack.usfront driver side brake caliper

Uploaded with ImageShack.usfront passenger side brake calipers

Uploaded with ImageShack.usrear passenger side brake caliper

Uploaded with ImageShack.uslooks like a brake new brake caliper

Uploaded with ImageShack.uswith a little time you can rebuild ya brake calipers too its very easy and just sade blast the calipers and get them powder coated
sandblasting all 4 brake calipers $60
soda blasting all four brake caliper pistions $20
powdercoating aal 4 brake calipers yellow $200
brake caliper rebuild kit $24
impala ss decal $12

let me know what u think k .thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no not on car yet im in the process of sandblasting the frame im complete restoring my impala ss

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Looks awesome! I searched ebay but could not find the stickers. You remember the sellers name? Also how the stickers holding up on there?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Looks awesome! I searched ebay but could not find the stickers. You remember the sellers name? Also how the stickers holding up on there?
Im going to contact Adam Haack tomorrow, im not sure if he makes them or not but he has been doing a lot of the b-body related decals for years now.

If he says he's able to do it ill see if he would be willing to do a group purchase on them as there seems to be enough interest.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well there is not a set person wat i did was find a person on ebay who makes brake decals and have him make me a custom impala ss decal just tell them what u want and the will produce
here is a few links on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...+decals&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

my decal is holding awesome against the powdercoated calipers
here is the final product on my car

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New pics

check out how i perfectly clone a 1995 red 9c1 caprice 4.3L v8 into a monster sleep 1995 impala SS with 355ci(5.8L) LT1 333RWHP 400FWHP/430Tq

these pics are more recent was taken yesterday with new smoked headlamps fom ebay got rid of the clear ones

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Car is beautiful! Hopefully ill get to see it one day soon

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They came out great! I did the same thing in red about 4 years ago. I did the rotors as well. Thanks for the pics and and the post.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
your welcome guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts