Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a fan of these cars and owner of a couple previously in life. Now i am older I realize they are becoming more and more harder to find in good condition so this one is in the family for good. It is a basic civilian model no bells or whistles version. The only luxury I can tell is power windows. I bought it with 113,922 miles on it I've driven it all week just to get familiar with her and reveal any dormant issues that need addressing. The optispark, plugs, wires, various censors, and water pump were changed roughly 50 miles before I took ownership. The only issue that the car had was a cracked sideview mirror which I had replaced this morning. As far as dormant issues the power steering pump started making a semi whine\growl there is no leak and the fluid is full. I will have to search the forum for similar experiences. I have to get the transmission flushed and screen changed just for peace of mind. Well here she is

With my daily driver behind it

I was trying to take a pic of the crack in the glass but ended getting a pretty cool pic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like a beautiful car! My dad had a 1994 with those same hubcaps, except it was burgundy. It's honestly what got me into these amazing cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a beautiful car! My dad had a 1994 with those same hubcaps, except it was burgundy. It's honestly what got me into these amazing cars.
Thanks! My buddy had a 93 like how you described. I personally don't care for the hubbies I prefer the alloy wheels with a nice set of white walls like these

·
Registered
88 Posts
No problem! I like the hubcaps. My dad eventually switched them off to the wire hubcaps, then eventually to the alloys. I think it looked good all ways, but if it had the 9C1 setup like mine has, it'd look bad-ass.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice! Another person who likes 'em stock :). It took me a while to find nice whitewalls for my car, but it's definitely a classy look that isn't seen much anymore (and definitely not on newer cars).

I love how these cars look so different with the "pie plate" wheel discs, wire wheel covers, 9C1 hubcaps, and aluminum wheels: every one looks good, but they all give a very different character to the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts