Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks just like mine, including that AAA sticker.

1995 or 1996?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ya need a "Tool":D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wow, that second picture looks awesome! Whatever effect that is makes the wood grain look completly different. Good looking wagon.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Time out kid....

That trim is aluminum with 2 layers of stickers on it. The base layer is tan and intact, then there's the clear layer on top of that with woodgrain like ink pattern. Alls you have to do is carefully peel away the peeling top layer to expose the intact tan layer.

The tan layer will have ink "stained" to it - so alls you have to do is some careful and light sanding to remove the ink, and you'll be left with trim that's all one color and looks a million times better - with minimal mess - for FREE.

I actually used a razor blade at an existing point where the laters were already seperating and worked my way down about a foot at a time, carefully prying the layers apart and giving myself little edges to peel both ways from.

Since the trim isn't flat, and it's very easy to go nutso and rub right through to the aluminum, I used one of them sponges that are abrasive - that they used to remove paint from trimboards, or routered edges of furnature. They are very easy to find in any sandpaper aisle at any home improvement store.

You'll find that the tan looks great - and if it doesn't suit you - that's the layer you'll want to scuff and paint anyway.

Congrats on your new whip.

John

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Do a search - I had a thread about it awhile back and there was a pic where a dude blacked his out.

A BLACK impala grille? Fareel? Black?

You must be new at this. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do a search - I had a thread about it awhile back and there was a pic where a dude blacked his out.

A BLACK impala grille? Fareel? Black?

You must be new at this. :)
i allways thought the color was black of all the impala grills im probly wrong sorry yea i got most of the stuff peeled off

1 - 20 of 40 Posts