Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

n20 wiring schematic

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The Caretaker 
#1 ·
I had a nice diagram from normlz, but I deleted it like a dumbass.Can anyone supply a schematic for a n20 setup using a mallory 685 with a fuel pressure safety switch?normlz?anybody? thanks - alex

#2 ·
Not to high tech, but here you go:

No bottle heater:

With bottle heater:

#3 ·
A few questions

I have a few questions about this as Im hooking this up.Does it matter which way I wire the WOT switch?Also,my fuel press safety switch is marked with one terminal having a "c" and the other with "on".Which way is it wired?or does it matter?

#4 ·
No and No.
The only thing I would change is the placement of the WOT switch. Put it on the ground from the the ignition box line.
Window out of the box, WOT switch, FPSS to relay.
Only reason is I like them all in the same line, but work work either way.

#6 ·
I'm having some issues with the fuel pressure safety switch in my install.Using the diagram provided here I wired the system up exactly as shown.I have 12 volts hot going to the safety switch and continuity in the wiring from the other side of the switch to where it terminates into the box.If I disconnect the leads and attempt to set the switch as per the nos directions I get no lighting of the test light from the hot side to the terminal on the switch.Can you check continuity within the switch itself?I attempted to check the resistance of it between the two terminals while adjusting the screw in and out and got no reading on my meter, which is a known working unit.Should I have resistance?If I ground the hot side the solenoids fire so I know I'm good up to that point.Do I have a bad switch?Can I rewire this simply so I can bypass the FPSS and still have all the functions in my 685 operational to test the system?Im teriible at electrical and any help is appreciated - thanks, Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.