Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you use standard hose ends?
or do they have to be crimped on?

i thought they had to be crimped because of the pressure, but the hose place said no.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by stonebreaker:
Are you trying to make your own, or what?
yes

And what method did they recommend instead of crimping?

they said standard hose ends. screw together/interference fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you tell the hose guy how much pressure you will be running? If he knows the parameters, then he's probably giving you good advice. He's probably referring to compression fittings, not clampless.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Anglo,
;)

A couple of twist ties from a bread wrapper will work fine. :D

Otherwise if you wanna get fancy run pre-made hoses designed for Nitrous (1000 psi).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by SSONIC:
Hey Anglo,
;)

A couple of twist ties from a bread wrapper will work fine. :D

Otherwise if you wanna get fancy run pre-made hoses designed for Nitrous (1000 psi).
damn that's the problem! i was using the plastic bread tie clips :(

no need for fancy. i thought the standard compression hose ends- russel, earls etc.- were only good to 200 maybe 300 psi.

nab- you and your 11.53 juice run and me n/a
has me worried.................................
NOT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work for a truck parts distributor part time and the fittings for the steel braided hose are rated the same. If you get 1000psi out of the crimp you will get the same out of the what we call reusable fitting. It is made for people that have to repair their own hoses and do not have access to a crimp machine. The weak link of the whole assembly is the actual hose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.