Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone, sorry if this is in the wrong subject/section. I'm one of those damn noob's (only to this site though). I've recently purchased another Impala SS (96DGGM). I had one back in the late 90's and used to be in HAIL (Houston) and NAISSO. HAIL doens't exist anymore and NAISSO only sells stuff now (no more "club"). In 98' I went to ImpalaFest at the GM Arlington Plant near Dallas. I think it was ImpalaFest 3. Anyways I was wondering if they still do or have the ImpalaFest since then (is it at ImpalaFest 16 then???) If so and where. I saw about IF 2012 but wanted to know have they been doing it every year. Also what is Nationals? It looks like I JUST missed it up north. Is that new, how long, every year,ect...???

Basically what's the diff between the two? I live in Houston so the ImpalaFest in 1998 was only a short 3 1/2 hour drive. Thanks for any and all info. I just want to get back into the GAME!

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
You just need to look a little harder. Try the racing section and the MISC section for a lot of info about Nats:

Here is the 2011 ImpalaFest info for you: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=263792

Tell Bob Dannelley that I sent ya!

ImpalaFest and Nats are very similar events (at least in the past) with all events. Drag Racing, AutoX, Road Racing, Car Show, etc. Not sure what is up with 2011.

ImpalaFest is obviously more regional (even though all are invited) and Nationals are, well, the Impala SS Clubs of America sanctioned event. ISSCA obviously supports ImpalaFest and all local regional shows/events if the hosting club is a chartered club of ISSCA.

Join ISSCA www.issca.org and get it on the fun!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! That's right around the corner and only a 2-3 hour drive. Have they been having the ImpalaFest and Nationals every year since then? (1998 or so)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Impalafest
Impalafest has been in the Arlington/Dallas/Fort Worth area every year since 1998. This year is the first that it has moved.
Nationals (or multi-regional similar shows)
1998 Atlanta, GA - Impalapalooza at the Gathering
1999 Bowling Green, KY - Impalapalooza on the Green
2000 St Louis, MO - Impalapalouis I
2001 Detroit, MI - Dreamapalooza I (ISSCA Co-Sponsored)
2002 St Louis, MO - Impalapalouis II (ISSCA Co-Sponsored)
2003 Tulsa, OK - ISSCA Tulsa Roundup
2004 Las Vega$ - ISSCA Nationals
2005 Pocono, PA - ISSCA Mountain Madness
2006 Indianapolis, IN - ISSCA Nationals
2008 St Louis, MO - ISSCA Impalapalouis III
2011 Detroit, MI - ISSCA Dreamapalooza II

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nat's list

Whisperjet,

You skipped the National event at Gateway International (St Louis) held in 2007.
Just an FYI kind of thing. It is the only National Impala event that I have been fortunate enough to have attended. Had a great time.
See you in Moultrie in November.

Bob McCoy

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Whisperjet,

You skipped the National event at Gateway International (St Louis) held in 2007.
Just an FYI kind of thing. It is the only National Impala event that I have been fortunate enough to have attended. Had a great time.
See you in Moultrie in November.

Bob McCoy
Howard is getting forgetful...St.Loo 2007 rocked the house. :D

Also 2009 was the ISSCA / HOSS combo Nats in Dallas.

·
Premium Member
20,297 Posts
If rumors have any merit.....ImpalaFest will be in San Antonio or Austin this year ;) !

KW

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully SA. INC fest is already in Austin next month. I love Austin but don't want to go back there for another event in the same year. Plus SA would be a good spot to let the family tag along this time. LOL Im in Houston so one is less than 2 hours away and the other is less than 3. Hell yeah!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts