Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I conducted searches for "navigation" and "GPS" and didn't come up with much info. Can anyone suggest a better search?

Otherwise, I'd like some recommendations as far as what system is best, where to mount the screen for the cleanest install and whether a shadetree like myself should attempt the install. I was thinking of a screen between the sun visors ??? Is it possible to have a DVD player work with the same screen? :confused:
Thanks in advance.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I'm not sure where I got that picture or whose car it is. Pretty sweet, though! :cool:

Last night out of boredom I was checking out Alpine decks and DVD players. The in-deck DVD player without a screen was like $1,200 and a screen was $650. The screen can take up to three inputs, IIRC.

Hope that helps!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALPINE NVE-N851A DVD or ALPINE NVE-N852A DVD are great systems. I'm using a sinilar monitor to the SONY in the above thread but it's an Alpine TME- C005. As for install - how good are you at electronics- that's the first question you want to ask- If you would feel okay about putting in a DVD and a video screen then you should have not to bad a time with the Nav system.

FWIW- NAV and screen via eBay was less than $900.00 (you just got to be "pickeeee" and use a sniper)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go Alpine... but if you want Audiovox..I can get you a good deal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts