Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to power up front 6-1/2" Polk Audio and 6x9 Polk Audio speakers in the rear. On top of my list of amplifiers to buy are the Alpine F545 and JBL PX300.4. Need advice on other good 4-channel amplifiers that will power my speakers.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by Mags94:
I'm looking to power up front 6-1/2" Polk Audio and 6x9 Polk Audio speakers in the rear. On top of my list of amplifiers to buy are the Alpine F545 and JBL PX300.4. Need advice on other good 4-channel amplifiers that will power my speakers.
whats the rms on front & Back

what would you like to spend

how much power do you want

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
80rms. up front and 100rms in back, plenty of power to push them, looking to spend less than $350.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the deal im a new member but have been readin this forum as guest for a while,but anyways if ur lookin for a good 4ch amp around $350 look at the ECLIPSE EA4000 for around $340 and the KICKER ZX350.4 for around $299. I have had experience with both and have heard both on the POLK DB series...... :D
:D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Kicker 350.4's. Thought they were 4 x 90 watts as the ad said. When I got the amp and installed it to my Soundstream seperates in the front and Infinity 6x9's in the back they didn't provide the power I would have like to. When I read the stats on the amp again, a 14.4 volts and 2 ohms only did the amp put out 4 x 90 watts which any car doesn't run an amp that high. In actuality the amp puts out 4 x 35 watts at 4 ohms. I have had the amp for a year now and not really satisfied with it and wanting to sell it for a bigger amp. I will sell you mine if you like for $150.00 shipped if you like.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder how much I could get that Infinity on ebay...going to check right now.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah i didnt mention that i have the
ECLIPSE EA4000
and it does around 100rms on INFINITY REFERNCE 6X9'S and the 4X6'S!!!!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just came from Circuit City and just happened to see that Eclipse EA 4000 amp you were talking about PoohSS. RMS is 100 per channel at 4 ohms. Not a bad price. Around $340.00 I just might have to try this amp out for myself.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im an installer at CIRCUIT CITY :D . That would be a good choice trust me ;) .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah sounds good. i THINK i have 35 or 40 x 4ch and its ok... pretty good for myself and my music. but 100 should be SINGIN!!!! from the across the parking lot..!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the KAPPA'S would be nice i just think they are to expensive and not much difference in sound quality, the REFERNCE are my weapon of choice.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason why I was asking was I already have Kappas installed and need to replace my 15 year old Alpine V12.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i say go for it like i said i have it :D . also i have family in chester

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Infinity amp is going on my Christmas list! I need to get the trunk leakage problem fixed before I install it. Gaskets are also on my list. ;) Next time you are in VA. shoot me a PM!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts