Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is puting 4 plugs in pass. side of my 95 wagon for me,I put the 4 drivers side last summer(NGK TR55,V power). I also have a box of DELCO#41-906, How do these plugs compair. Should I change plugs Oldhead

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Agree. Changing plugs are easy - well compared to changing wires anyway. Get the friend to redo your earlier work with all-same plugs.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
DO NOT mix brands of plugs. I also would keep the NGK's. I've ran many different brands (and heat ranges) over the years in different vehicles and NGK has been the best plug by far.

I am currently running the NGK Iridium plugs a d have had them installed for about 5 years now with no issues. I do pull them and check them on occasion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Some of you don't understand when he put in the 4 NGK they will be all NGK What I am asking witch plug is better? Oldhead

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Yah I agree it's pretty straightforward. You did half of one brand last year and it sounds like you can either finish with the same on the other bank now, or do a do-over with a whole set of the revered ACDelco. If you thought enough to get a set of them on purpose then it's just a matter of asking whether your freind is willing to change 4 NGK to match the other bank, or do all 8 in a new brand.

You're never gonna get credit for the used 4 you did last year, but you might get a refund or at least store credit if returning all 8 of those ACD.

If the NGK are the right heat range I say pay the friend just the one beer to do the other 4 with NGK and return the ACD, but others favor American over another brand.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Job finished,All NGK, Sorry some misunderstood, I would not ever go with 2 brands Oldhead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts