Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think I need a front end overhaul. Car has over 180k on it and I don't think its been done. I want to replace the whole nine ball joints, tie rods, centerlink, etc...Where can I get a complete kit from?, And whats the going rate for someone to do the work? Thanks guys Holla....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is it necessary to replace the center link? i replaced mine when i did the whole shebang but it doesent have any moving parts so im not sure its necessary to do? anyways you can check tierods and ball joints to see which ones may need to be replaced and if theyre good i wouldnt mess with em yet. at 180k id assume theyve been done before. the steering gear on the other hand, that might be something to look forward to in the future. my steering still has alot of play with all new tierods because of the original steering gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i highly recommend this guy ...^

and yes the centerlink does have a moving joint in it and it gets worn more than most folks think ,rustic can set you up wih a whole kit for a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.