Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before the crash there was a thread about batteries where everyone expressed their opinions on certain batteries. well i need a new battery and im trying to see what you guys have to say about different batteries.

Autozone has Duralast Gold (800 CCA) $89.99
Advance Auto has Autocraft Titanium (800 CCA) $89.99
O'Reilly has Super Start Extreme (800 CCA) $94.99

i havent been to wal-mart or sears yet. does anyone know which batteries they sell? any opinons on ANY batteries would be a help!!!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
before the crash there was a thread about batteries where everyone expressed their opinions on certain batteries. well i need a new battery and im trying to see what you guys have to say about different batteries.

Autozone has Duralast Gold (800 CCA) $89.99
Advance Auto has Autocraft Titanium (800 CCA) $89.99
O'Reilly has Super Start Extreme (800 CCA) $94.99

i havent been to wal-mart or sears yet. does anyone know which batteries they sell? any opinons on ANY batteries would be a help!!!
I have had good luck with Costco (Kirkland) batteries over the years. 800 CCA, great warranty - 36 months free replacement , prorated to 100 months. Not sure on price but less than what you list. There are only 2 or 3 major battery companies who make for most every seller.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I bought a costco batt last month for the ss, $64 out the door.
I went with the 700 cca because its smaller and I finally have a denso starter.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
With 8 vehicles, I buy batteries! I've had good luck w/ Costco. And better luck w/ Walmart.

My Excursion uses 2 batteries. In 145000 miles, I've replaced the originals, twice w/ Walmart's best. The bonus w/ W Mart. if you travel(we do, around the USA 3 x) WM is by FAR, the easiest to find for warranty on tires and batteries! There EVERYWHERE, right off the highway.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
"Most auto batteries are made by just three manufacturers, Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names. Delphi makes ACDelco and some EverStart (Wal-Mart) models. Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, and some EverStart batteries. Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts."

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023696

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fellas. there are not many costco's (if any) in the south. or at least around where i live. i think im going to go with the Duralast Gold from autozone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.