Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Caprice Classic and inside Cabin lights won't turn off. For some reason when I'm driving at night and turn my lights on the inside lights on door panels & Cabin won't turn off.. and when I turn on my right blinker all the lights Flash in Sinc with the Blinker.... Then when I hit the Brake Pedal They get even brighter... If I turn on the Cabin light the light on top turns off but the door panel ones stay on.. When the car is totally off and lights are also off the lights inside are still on.. They only turn off when I pull the Cabin fuse out.. But they still flash when I use the rt blinker.. PLease Help.....

It's driving me nuts.. I feel like I have a strobe light in my Car....

Thanks,

Gabe :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It sure sounds like a poor ground, but which ground is the question. The other option is a blown fuse in some other circuit that is feeding back. Just to be safe, check to make sure ALL the fuses in the fuse box are good. Keep us posted.

Carl

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked all the fuses and they are good.. I havn't although checked the Ciruit Breakers..

It's odd..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you installed any accessories lately or replaced any light bulbs.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I havn't replaced any light bulbs.. I have replaced the Flasher though..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the "box" which controlls the lights is t/u. It is located right next to the flasher you replaced. Try wiggling it.

Peter

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And was there a problem before you replaced the flasher, i.e. maybe the new flasher or has this been an on going problem.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes before the Flasher.. After my A/C Compressor was replaced my Tail lights wouldn't go out even after the Car was off.
After that problem was said to be the Flasher...We took out the Flasher and the lights went out.. I replaced the Flasher. After that was when my current problem started.. All interior lights stay on unless I pull the fuse out..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wouldn't say so much as the tail lamps being on as its park lamps in general. And that sounds like a wiring problem under the hood. Something got pinched around the battery area (when they were working on the compressor) would be my first place to look. Do you have a remote opener for the doors. AS in flashes the park lamps, unlocks the doors and turns on the dome light?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I have a keyless entry remote but it's not working at the moment.. Since all these electrical problems started.... All it does is unlock the Doors though no Flashing of Park lamps or inside lights..

Where can I check for the pinching of Wires Near the Battery??? I was thinking something like that also because he said he removed the Battery when he was working on the Compressor..

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gabe stay calm. These kind of electrical problems at first seem unsolvable. As mentioned in an earlier post it sounds like a wire is pinched with a another live wire, sending live current into the wrong circuit. Check that no Harness Wire Looms in Front Area of battery are pinched. Also check wires near AC Compressor. If this fails to locate problem, Keyless Entry System is next. Keep us updated. +=+Larry '96 9C1

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For now, please remove that box, about the size of a pack of cigerettes and green. Mounted at the top of the convenience center where the flasher was. This will kill your automatic dome light. You will still be able to use the dome light switch on the dimmer. Once you you do that, try swapping with a buddys, and see if works the right way now.

Peter May

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at the car bible it looks like there is a plug for the front lamp harness (c103). Its on the right fender between the relay box and the coolant tank and has about a dozen wires. Unplug it and see if your problem clears, if so the problem would seem to be in that harness. Look for a pinch or crush in the harness between the plug and the radiator support. Might be able to flex or wiggle the harness to see if it will clear it up.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try cycling the tilt wheel & see if the symptoms change. Could be chafing wires in the steering column. - Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts