Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
3,776 Posts
If Moser has specs for 9C1 (narrow) and WX3/Impala (wide), it should be easy enough to tell them what you need.

The Moser Impala SS axle shaft is listed at 30.938".

The calculated difference in track width of the Impala vs wagons can be calculated as follows:

Impala - 1598mm flange to flange (axle shaft to axle shaft)

wagon - 1642.5mm flange to flange

Difference = 44.5mm, divide by 2 (for a single shaft length difference) = 22.25

Divide 22.25 by 25.4 = 0.875" (7/8") longer than the SS axle shaft

Tell Moser you need shafts that are 31.8125" long. Also, the shaft wheel bearing journal diameter is larger at 1.600" compared to sedan axles.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
96 rmw wagon specs

not a problem they were very helpfull with getting my specs and suppose to be only six days from time of order to be delivered and i already have there diff cover with studs, rearend carrier stud kit. I am having 3.42 installed with a eaton posi

· Registered
2,703 Posts
not a problem they were very helpfull with getting my specs and suppose to be only six days from time of order to be delivered and i already have there diff cover with studs, rearend carrier stud kit. I am having 3.42 installed with a eaton posi
Are you going from a 2.56 or 2.93 ratio? Keep us informed on this project and how you like it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
96 rmw axle

im going from a lt1 2.56 open diff car to a 383 lt1 all forged clear image automotive headers 3" duals no emissions 2400 stall 3.42 gears c6 z51 brakes hotchkis springs sways qa1 shocks 18x9 wheels with tires 275 40 18 goodyear eagle F1 supercar run flats all the way around

· Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Based on the difference in calculated length vs Moser's published sedan axle length, how did they come up with 32" (instead of 31.8")?

If they are truly the same length as OE wagon axles, and they want to call them 32", fine, but my concern is the need to minimize track width increase because of the wagon's limited wheel opening clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.