Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side back up light housing fell out! on my '996 FWB. It appears someone tried to glue it in place....all 3 screw holder tabs are broken off.
While I can repair this somehow, I was hoping someone had one or two of these for sale.

It's the long skinny backup light housing; I imagine both sides are the same, I need the passenger side if not.

Pls PM me if you have one or two.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
????

Paul, the tabs on these lights are known to break easily. Before people know it, it's only the bulb/harness that is left hanging in place.
As for availability, I think they still are but pricey. Possibly $70 from stealership or maybe even more :mad:
By the way, did you ever start parting out the White Fleetwood?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not parted out Mr. Moby yet. (If I did I would just take em off her) Hopefully someone has a used one or pair available.
Honestly not sure if I want to part her out or sell her complete. There is something sad in parting out a fine running car. Having a Fleetwood crisis!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to try to carefully cut and reinforce the 3 tabs with a long metal strip. I don't think it'll work, but I'll try it.
Had the car detailed the other day, as well as an alignment, balanced the tires, etc.
Runs great!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had to reinforce the tabs on both FWB's I have owned. I have also been looking for replacements for a long while but used ones seem to be in the same condition as mine and I am not willing to pay for new ones.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did epoxy a bent metal strip to the tabs. Successful so far. Now I have to drill/align the 3 holes. I guess it's time to take out the 3 screws. Let's see.....Phillips or nut runner? Paul

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Housing back in place. If you need to remove yours, it's a 5/32 socket for the 3 screws. Don't try a nut runner, there is not enough room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.