Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course I searched, and on other sites. I had a great excel type detailed engine build horsepower calulator once I pulled from the MCSS site but it vanished. I'm trying to figure the virtual hp on the nice stroker I did for my son's '88 Monte.

Everything on google wants to charge something, even the "free" ones.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Of course I searched, and on other sites. I had a great excel type detailed engine build horsepower calulator once I pulled from the MCSS site but it vanished. I'm trying to figure the virtual hp on the nice stroker I did for my son's '88 Monte.

Everything on google wants to charge something, even the "free" ones.
Desk Top Dyno is probably the best........but ya gotta pay to play!

KW

·
Registered
654 Posts
comp has a free one. camquest 6 i think. just go to their website and download it. it doesnt alow you to enter cam specs though, just helps you pick out a cam. plus i dont know how accurate it is. but hey, you asked for a free one. you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
comp.....camquest 6.......i dont know how accurate it is.......you asked for a free one. you get what you pay for.
1. Camquest 6 is not an accurate HP calculator because that's not what it's for. Comp makes it available to help you choose the 'perfect' Comp camshaft for your engine.

2. Yes......when you get something for free, you usually get your money's worth ;) .

KW

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Wham-,

But, while MWB says the .exe has no infections, it still shut down my browsers, attempted to change my default search, would not let me exit Whitesnake registration, and never did give me anything resembling any software. :(

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Which is why I never download 'For Pay' software from any random site for free.

Spy Ware.....Spy Ware.....Spy Ware.....etc

KW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts