Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted the wagon and bought new door seals. I put the doors seal on the drivers door today and the damn door doesn't shut right! Now I'm paranoid to cut the other doors. Any ideas what could be wrong? Seems like a simple process and I know I put them on right.Thanks.

DJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could the door striker have been moved in to make up for old weatherstrips in the past? You might try moving out a touch if the door closes hard.

Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If door shuts flush with the body with the old seals then you may have warm the new ones up so they will form/conform to the opening.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddy bought some new POS suzuki or something and he had to roll the window down to shut the door or slam the crap out of it. I put some armor all on the seals and the door shut with ease. Not sure if that will help you though.

Do your new seals have the holes in them to let them collaspe?

I might have a set of used seals also (if needed).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since we are on the topic of seals....what's the best place to buy the seals at? (sorry for the slight topic hijack)....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am having a similar problem. I have my original seals, but they have been out of the car for about a year and half. I put them back in the other day and the door is a mutha to get closed all the way. I guess when they were in the car before they had collapsed some and now they have "puffed" up. I have all of the doors closed all the way and the car sitting in the garage in hopes of them flattening out some. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.