Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did some suspension work on my ‘96 SS and I wanted To replace the seal that is right above the control arm. It clips to the fender. I cant Seem to find a replacement and I also Don’t know the correct name for the part. Thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
This is interesting to know, and great to have another bookmark for this product, as I used (Scratching my head...) Classic Industries

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I dumped those OEM splash shields 20 years ago .. reason is they are not rebust and are not big enough to keep the water out of the engine bay.

I fabricated splash shields with rubber roofing material .. guess how this worked for 20 years LOL.. still perfect . also on the cheap ..

this is rubber roofing used on flat roofs ... tough material UV strong .

GM material breaks down in a couple of years POS material.
on my 2000 truck I used this also on the front and the rear .... along with fiberglass mud guards ..

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
[SNIP]
I fabricated splash shields with rubber roofing material .. guess how this worked for 20 years LOL.. still perfect . also on the cheap ..

this is rubber roofing used on flat roofs ... tough material UV strong
You can also use the thick rubber matting material used between gas tanks and the sheet metal body like all the old classic cars with metal gas tanks used to have. McMaster Carr sells it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fender seal

I used rubbertherightway.com they are at 7158 Convoy Ct , San Diego ca. 92111 1 866 789 7879 $ 20. set brand new fits perfectly, I just found their phone number & address . they have catalogs they can send out if you ask.
rmont917

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
What great info! Mine are all split and ugly, and I assumed I was just going to have to live with it. Nice to hear all the options. Thank you all for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I used rubbertherightway.com they are at 7158 Convoy Ct , San Diego ca. 92111 1 866 789 7879 $ 20. set brand new fits perfectly, I just found their phone number & address . they have catalogs they can send out if you ask.
rmont917
Do the new parts come with new fasteners to mount them? Are they a christmas tree style or what is used? Just curious....

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
$21 but the additional $16 shipping seems a bit much..

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts