Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trying to install a remote starter, keyless enter on my 94 caprice. I read all of the post about hooking up this. I read that the lock and unlock white and light blue wire are by the driver side kick panel. There a several white and light blue wire there. Can I just run it straight to the main switch. 2nd while hooking up the wire to the remote start I pulled one of the pink wire out of the harness. The car will still start but cant fingure out what the 2nd wire does.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont know what the other pink is for, i saw it in mine also. I tested every wire with a meter, if it didnt do what i wanted i left it alone.
For your door locks if you really want you can go up to the switch. If you dont want to go that far you can use a safety pin test. A small pin-hole in each wire to test.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok ran the wires from the switch but still cant get my door locks to work with alarm. If I zip the white or blue with pos. power they work so i know it have the right ones. But with my alarm arm and disarm i get nothing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they are the correct wires you may need to check that the door locks on the alarm are turned on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts