Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my b4u finally died after 250.000 miles. I have had an LT1 motor at my friends garage waiting in the works. He said the motor came out of a vette that had mods to the motor,but it ran into a wall .at the track and the motor was salvaged. I can confirm its a LT1 and its from a vette. The motor is also 4-bolt mains with alumimun heads. But thats all I can confirm. I would like to confirm the cam profile,compression,ect of the stock base. So that I know what I'm working with. Can anyone help?
The casting numbers on the back of block is 101253327
The casting code on the block plate is V06234NT.
Please help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. But one question. I have had this motor for awhile and intended to build it for power than the stock LT1 that was in my b4u capala. Now that I have to install it what is the downside in using it as it is. It seems I have to re-tune my ecm for factory egr delete thats on the corvette motor. I will be replacing the rear gear to 3.73 also. But what is the downside of using the motor as it is in my capala. If its a loss in torque,then what suggestions in a cam can I use for more hp and torque using the current top and bottom end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.