Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have fuilt, but i get a vibration and a humming sound every now and then when i turn the wheel.... what else could it be? what should i look at? where do i start?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does this happen when the car is moving and you turn the wheel, or just sitting still... or both?

Start by checking the PS fluid... an maybe flushing the system and adding fresh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hum (and maybe whinning?) would be the pump.
SOmetimes fresh fluid can "save" them (or at least quiet them down) for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but the vibration while turning along with the sound just does not seem right, i had the car for like 3 weeks and it never made this vibration or sound, then all of a sudden it did, so i topped off the power st fuild and it went away for a day or so and now comes back every now and then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If adding fluid helped for a while... then that tells you it's the PS. I'd say to try flushing the system... fluid is cheap. And then plan on a new pump in the near future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.