Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everyone, Im ordering wheels and tires for my newly acquired Impala, and Im curious what others are running for BS. Im buying some BC forged wheels, 20x11 and will run a 315 30 20. Im curious as I do plan on putting the impala on my 2 post and measure. I have the wheel sim tool to attach to the tire and mount to car..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,029 Posts
With an 11" and 315, you MUST do the measurements on your actual car. I run a 10" with 295s on mine, and my old wheels tucked perfectly. New wheels, same width wheel and tire, and passenger side rubs on compression. Body needs to be shifted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, plan on it... I just finished doing it for my 69 Mustang Fastback that is mini tubbed.. I like having reference points to see where others stand..Ive seen +15 on a 20x11, so Im gonna see If im close to that..If its not the same on both sides, I will do body mounts and shift the body to make it straight. My car has lead a creampuff life so I suspect it will be very close to stock..

Attachments

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
The stock offset is +6 mm. That should center the rim in the wheel well. Depending on how tall the tire is, it may, or may not fit.

Here is a tool to give you to compare sizes: Custom rims, wheel tire packages

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have her on the lift.. Ill put the extended control arms tomorrow and start measuring for BS tomorrow, hope to have wheels on order Tuesday... than wait for 2 months :)... Im thinking after getting feed back from folks, going 305 30 20 in the rear.. Its the same size tire that was on my 2020 widebody Charger... and doing a 275 35 19 on the front

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty sure I replied to your post on FB but just for reference if not.
Rear wheels are 21x11 with +15 offset running a 305/25/21 which is 27". Car is on stock length arms. Will get a slight rub on inner wheel well trim which can slice the sidewall. Ask how I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got the rear center control arms ons, looks better, I also measured the BS. I have a 305 30 20.. came up right at 6.70 both sides... which is inline with others... so Tuesday I call and order

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty sure I replied to your post on FB but just for reference if not.
Rear wheels are 21x11 with +15 offset running a 305/25/21 which is 27". Car is on stock length arms. Will get a slight rub on inner wheel well trim which can slice the sidewall. Ask how I know.
Thanks for the info.. yeah I asked on both, wanted to make sure Im not to far off :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts