Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to pick up a 94. the car while turn on but after about 15 min it will die. owner says that a mechanic said the opti was going bad. could this also cause the car to run sluggish(not enough power) i checked the block and it is a lt1 but seems like no power. also noticed that one of the plugs was sparking and it was hitting the exhaust manifold, could that be the problem? aside from all of that exhaust manifold has a leak and need the bolts replaced, where can i pick up a new set of manifold bolts?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
also noticed that one of the plugs was sparking and it was hitting the exhaust manifold, could that be the problem? aside from all of that exhaust manifold has a leak and need the bolts replaced, where can i pick up a new set of manifold bolts?
If you see plug wires arcing, that's most likely the issue. Replace the plugs and wires and you'll be good to go.

The manifold bolts on these cars are known to break off in the head. Replace them with Grade 8 hardware from any hardware store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.