Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, there is a MAJOR local show on Saturday that I am scheduled to participate in. So I decided to play around with some paint that I had left over and painted a spare grill body color. I decided to "black out" the word Buick to set it apart. Now I don't know what to do. Which grill should I compete with? Keep in mind that for the judging, the hood will be open, but will be closed after judging (1pm) until after the concert (11 PM).

So, without further adieu, here is the question in pictorial form for those of us that are visually perverted:p

Stock...... we all know what it looks like.

Both grills side by side

Close up (to help in the decision process)

The "new" grill

Yuck! Bad lighting

Better lighting.....

and the close up of the completed project

So, what should I do? Keep the stock grill, or show it with the painted grill, or "Crovo" the fins?

At least tomorrow will be spent buffing, polishing, waxing, and cleaning.... God I hate showing daily drivers;)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree with Jay. If you do use the body color one black out the "background" again. Also, it looks like your license plate bracket hardware is kinda brown. I know you love details...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
painted grill, if you can paint the tabs in the back ground black.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went with the stock grill with body colored letters.

Parked here next to Adam (forgot his screen name)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how was the show?
The show went pretty good. Missed you though.......

Decided on the stock grill with body colored letters..

Was parked next to a guy named Adam (forgot his screen name:eek:. I detailed his car too

He said that he is NEVER going to another one of these because my wagon was getting more looks and comments than his SS

From an advertising standpoint, it was a bust. Rained for 3 days so the fairgrounds were "slushy" so it was moved to an abandoned parking lot
. Instead of having 35,000 people walk by, I had, maybe, 200.

Anyway, still had fun. Here are a couple more pics....

My wifey and daughter:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.