Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry fellas, it appears I have posted this in the wrong area. If it needs to be moved,feel free to do so.

'93 Caprice 9C1 LO5,my friend is having trouble with the tilt wheel and a headlight issue,perhaps their related. He says it feel like a bushing is out of the tilt wheel,there is a lot of play in the up/down and these next words are his"The play in the wheel is static, all the time. Probably a bushing to do with tilt mechanics"

The next issue is the headlights,with the headlights on low beam the passenger side high beam is on also but dimmer. Hit the high beam and both lights go out(pass side). These are his words next. "There IS NO cut in the harness between the lights and the firewall, so I doubt they had wig-wags on this car. I hope it isn't a column dimmer switch, although I can't see how that item would make both filaments burn at the same time. I thought someone may have jumped the bright with dim to gain more light, but that messes up the aiming big time."

He hasn't found any cuts,splices or bad grounds. Could these be related to the bad bushing in the tilt or is it his dimmer switch?
This car belongs to my Deputy friend trying to rebuild the car to put back in service.

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are at a total loss as what to get our DD5 for her "big" Gift this year... we have asked and asked - we have had her look through all the toy catalogs and asked her to circle things and tell us what she wants... We have good little ideas but we always like to get her one "big" gift. We already have a Wii which we love... Shes all girl - loves Hannah, icarley, Strawberry Shortcake, horses, and all things girlly... Would love some help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts