Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 rockfordfosgate t1 subs and a 2001bd amp. Where would I go to find out box dimensions air space and so on ? What would be a good choice for front and rear deck speakers, currently I have some Rockford series speakers not sure what series but there about 6 years old. I would like a studio quality sound with the option for heavy bass, if this is possible. any information will be help full I don't know much thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
for the subs and airspace question... look at the manual and it usually gives a recommended sealed and ported enclosure volume measurement. then you can look up basic subwoofer enclosure designs or check out caraudio.com forums and ask a builder for designs and build your own or find a builder that will ship.

as far as cabin speakers, i chose hertz 6.5in components for the front and my old pair of jl c2-650 6.5in components for the rear. some people here will tell you to leave the rears out, i say fudge that. as far as brand, decide how much you want to spend and search for speakers in that budget. id rather get a used high quality speakers than new mid quality speakers.

definitely check out caraudio.com forums. tons of information (and lots of
"this sub vs that sub" threads) and lots of info on amazing brands that your average person hasn't heard of because theyre not in best buy and more than likely not in your local car audio shop

·
Registered
663 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts