Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
631 Posts
With my '94 I removed home plate & first base,added a home made cold air kit. Installed headers and a dual exhaust system. My car does run better. I didn't look too hard for any other go fast goodies since its my old beater. There are other members who can help you out much better then I can. One other thing you can do..........install the 5.7 Liter:) Good luck with your build up!

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Yank that L99... and Drop and LT1 in. Best return on investment for power, no exceptions. All you need to do, it find a long block, LT1 injectors, and an LT1 PCM(or have yours tuned by PCMperformance.com)... everything will bolt right up, and plug in. :D

· Registered
1,998 Posts
Yank that L99... and Drop and LT1 in. Best return on investment for power, no exceptions. All you need to do, it find a long block, LT1 injectors, and an LT1 PCM(or have yours tuned by PCMperformance.com)... everything will bolt right up, and plug in. :D
That's funny. I saw the thread title, and was gonna come in here and say the exact same thing.

Cory's right. The absolute best bang for your buck is gonna be an LT1 swap. It really is pretty easy. It also opens up the door for tons more mod-ability down the line.

· Registered
358 Posts
Or you could do an LSx swap. Everything is relative to your budget.

· Registered
126 Posts
With my '94 I removed home plate & first base,added a home made cold air kit. Installed headers and a dual exhaust system. My car does run better. I didn't look too hard for any other go fast goodies since its my old beater. There are other members who can help you out much better then I can. One other thing you can do..........install the 5.7 Liter:) Good luck with your build up!
x912...and it wouldnt hurt to change ur gears!!

· Registered
807 Posts
Lt1 swap is the answer. That's what I'm doing....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.