Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my tail lights, the one has a large scratch in it and the chrome is pretty badly pitted on both.

My question would be: do the tail lights from the 1998-1999 DeVille fit the 1993-1996 Fleetwood?
They look identical with both having only the one screw at top of chrome surround and the same tapper to them. The older devilles had two screw top and bottom and I believe where thinner.

As you know, the lights for the fleetwood are difficult to find compared with the deville lights. The deville lights are also cheaper to buy.

I would appreciate your input as I am currently bidding on a beautiful set of lights on ebay, but the price is climbing too high.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am pretty sure the Deville lights are taller and won't fit without significant mods no matter what you do.

Stop by a used car lot and measure.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did a search on www.car-part.com and there are tail lights everywhere for the Fleetwood .. do some leg work and I bet you find near perfect condition ones somewhere .. probably look in places like Arizona of Florida or California to find ones not ate up by road salt ..

Kenny

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they're not that hard to find, but are NOT the same as Deville lights. Keep checking.

I have a set and also newer chrome surrounds for them, but am keeping them for the time being in the event I need them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold the phone! That's just crazy talk. I'm going to find a Deville and measure it out. You couldn't actually TRY to make the two look more alike. At least the model 96ermic refers to.
:confused:

Oh, I wish I could say I feel your pain about the pitting chrome, but not anymore;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts