Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the part numbers for the Heavy Duty GM Durastop Front Brake Rotors that are Cross Drilled and Slotted (both front and rear). Any one know what the the part numbers might be?

Has anyone tried the Durastop ceramic pads yet? I have heard that the last a long time and really do stop. Let me know if you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Front pads 18037577
Rear pads 18038859
Frt rotor 18039371 left
18039372 right
Rear rotor 18039377 left
18039378 right
Hope this helps. I haven't sold any of these let. Would you post as to their performance if you buy them???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can these be bought as a kit, like our wheels and if so. Does anyone know what the kit cost.

Some one is offering me a kit for $350.00 plus S&H but I do not know if it's worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will list by last 4 digits of part #:
7577 55 US
8859 50 US
9371 99 US
9372 99 US
9377 99 US
9378 99 US
I have not sold any of this stuff yet and can't find a kit listed but sometimes there is a difference between Canada and the US with GM parts. It would appear that 350 is a good price though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darth
Thanks for checking. I'll check back later incase there is any more replies to the post.

Thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS964mo:
darth
Thanks for checking. I'll check back later incase there are any more replies to the post.

Thanks again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry this was suppose to be an edit to the post, I clicked on the wrong thingy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baumgarner:
Has anyone tried the Durastop ceramic pads yet? I have heard that the last a long time and really do stop. Let me know if you have.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got them on my car right now. I've had them for a little less than a month. So Far so good. They do stop, and they dust considerably less. I wash my car about once a week (sometimes twice a week) and the wheels barely have any dust on them after a week of driving.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Way2SSlow:

I've got them on my car right now. I've had them for a little less than a month. So Far so good. They do stop, and they dust considerably less. I wash my car about once a week (sometimes twice a week) and the wheels barely have any dust on them after a week of driving.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok they stop, but how well do they stop compared to the stock rotors and pads?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put the ceramic GM pads on the wifes wagon using the stock rotors. The stopping difference was very noticeable as compared to stock pads. Even she noticed a difference. And barely any dusting at all. Of course, now that she has warped the rotors, the pads will have to be swapped out. They were $61 for front pads from Dal. Is there anyway to save these pads? I hate to just throw them away. They werent on the car that long. I may be going to the GT rotors on the wagon.

Me: "Damn, youre driving this thing like it was a Vette!"

Her: "But Baby, it has a Vette engine!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to your post it looks like the Canadian pricing is finally in line!!!!At least on the pads. Anyone else have prices they've been quoted or have paid on Durastop Perfomance brakes?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure which pads were listed under the P/N's on Darth's reply--ACDelco Durastop HP?

The Impala SS ceramic front pad is ACDelco 17D614C, or GM ("long number") 88917169. These pads will work on all cars using FMSI D52 or D614 pads.

These pads are not "spec" for the 94-96 9C1, since the inboard pad for the 9C1 is thicker, but they WILL fit in 9C1 front calipers....I DO NOT recommend using the pads with the 9C1's JA9 front brakes.

There are no ACD/GM ceramic rear pads that I am aware of.

You should get the GM front caliper service kit at the same time you do the pad/rotor upgrade, since these parts are not included in the pad kits listed. P/N is 18005606 or ACD 179-861. There are also guide pins, bolts, boots, etc that you might want to have on hand for the rear brakes. No kit, but the parts have probably been listed here before, but I'll be happy to list them again--just let me know!

One of the things I've learned from "hangin' out" at George Bates Automotive (Upland CA), a shop that refurbishes lots of Caprice 9C1's, is that the rear caliper anchor brackets usually need replacing on the units they get in their shop due to wear on the bracket itself where the pads contact, and result in the pad plate to actually "chew up" the bracket, leaving too much "slop", which results in the pads knocking when the brakes are applied and released. New pads do not fix the problem, and it will only get worse over time. The part is replaceable, and if you live in high-moisture areas, you may need to replace one or the other anyway due to a stuck guide pin.

The P/N's you'll need if you replace the brackets (called caliper mounting plate)--one for each caliper--are:

18021519 (9C1)

18021945 (WX3--Impala)

12337902 bolt--(2 required) 12mm, attaches caliper plate to backing plate, with anaerobic sealant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I should have made that clearer. The part #'s listed for the pads are the AC Delco Perfomance pads, NOT ceramic. Sorry if there is some confusion---it's my fault if there is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Darth,
What would those prices be in CAN $ ?
How much for shipping to Montreal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.