Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
If anyone has a 93'LO5 (most likely a 9C1) with the 140amp alternator installed(not the 124 amp), I would like a picture of the front and rear alternator brackets. I am trying to supersize mine and the brackets are different. Thanks in advance - Scott

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed a few pics of mine, but I'm not sure they're very helpful.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brandon,
Yes they were helpful.
Are you going to Impalafest in Oct.? I'd like to check it out in person if possible.
Thanks - Scott

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sar_moby:
Thanks Brandon,
Yes they were helpful.
Are you going to Impalafest in Oct.? I'd like to check it out in person if possible.
Thanks - Scott
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't look like I'll be going to Impfest. If I drove my 9C1, I'd have to put a bag on my head. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude-
What are your complaining about? I am stuck in a tiny rental cavalier. Your 9C1 is a B-body and that makes it cool. Hey, can we put the cavalier on the roof?

I will get back to you when Impfest draws closer... maybe we can hook up. I need to appreciate the difference between my car and your 9C1 in power etc.
Later- SAR

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sar_moby:
Dude-
What are your complaining about? I am stuck in a tiny rental cavalier. Your 9C1 is a B-body and that makes it cool. Hey, can we put the cavalier on the roof?

I will get back to you when Impfest draws closer... maybe we can hook up. I need to appreciate the difference between my car and your 9C1 in power etc.
Later- SAR
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, check back with me. I may change my mind. As for the difference in power, do you mean my Caprice and yours, or my Caprice and your rental Cavalier? :D Can you give me two lengts and the move? I might have a chance.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe too bad i am not going to impala fest, a bag over face i hear maybe if you had your old car you could take off in it :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daywalker:
hehe too bad i am not going to impala fest, a bag over face i hear maybe if you had your old car you could take off in it :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about a comparison to my L05 w/out the cop mods but.... the rental cavalier, two car lengths and I get nitrous.

I figure a hose from the back seat and I'm there.

SAR out

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey brandon i was wondering what is the gear ratio in my car, cause i am thinking of putting 3.73 gears cause i keep on hearing good thing about it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daywalker:
hey brandon i was wondering what is the gear ratio in my car, cause i am thinking of putting 3.73 gears cause i keep on hearing good thing about it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

El Stocko 3.08s. Go for the 3.73s if you want. Get the www.pcmforless.com programming FIRST, or while the gear swap is being done. If you can, get an AKM cable and install the program yourself, and when you change gears, you can be emailed the reprogram for the 3.73s. That's what I was going to do. But, time is money, and right now, I have neither. :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Brandon one more thing you know how the car is black i was wondering what was the original color, of the car before you painted it cause i was thinking of taking off the trim off the car, and i dont want to take it off and find out that is it a big white line or any other color.I want it to have a smooth look

1 - 13 of 13 Posts