Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a really good alarm system. I just got my 96 SS and am extremely obsessed/protective of it. I start getting paranoid anytime I have to leave the car. I wont even take it anywhere near a downtown for fear something will happen to it. My hopes are that a really good alarm will put my paranoia to rest and I may actually be able to leave the car alone for an extended period of time :eek: Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

~Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My advice is to get a clifford system. If you can shed the dough, get the advantguard 5. Which ever one you choose make sure not to put the alarm sticker on your car

laterSS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by jamericaniSS:
My advice is to get a clifford system. If you can shed the dough, get the advantguard 5. Which ever one you choose make sure not to put the alarm sticker on your car

laterSS
I don't know. While researching alarms, I came across a couple of reviews that said stay away from Clifford. People say that since they were bought out by DEI, the quality of their systems have dropped. Any thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its kinda hard to judge these products since everybody is buying out each other. Stick with a company that has some history. Also you might want to find someone who has a good alarm and ask their opinions. Half of a good alarm system is the install. Good luck

laterSS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got the mid range Viper and back up battery, glass break sensor, proximity sensor and additional siren for inside the vehicle. It's going in on Thurs so we'll see. I have had Viper alarms in cars before and I have no compaints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.