Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 caprice. everything factory pretty much. I want to go with the 22 inch irocs. I want A very very nice look. What tire size and offset do you think I should go with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet ride. I'm going to do 24" irocs on my 94 but what I wanted to know was if you were willing to sell those stock alloys off of her? I'd buy them and I'd give you the stocks off mine for winter whhels if you need them

·
Registered
24 Posts
not by any means lol Everybody has a price... I'm just saying If you happen to run across a good set let me know because I'm looking and locally there are none from what i can see

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 1994 caprice. everything factory pretty much. I want to go with the 22 inch irocs. I want A very very nice look. What tire size and offset do you think I should go with.

You have a very clean Caprice there. 265/35/22 tires will go right on there all around, and no higher than a +15 offset should be just fine.

That's what I had on my SS:

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Very appreciated!! Can you please tell me what do the offset pertain to? What is the difference between a 10 offset and 15 offset?
You need to do a little research in the wheel and tire section.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very appreciated!! Can you please tell me what do the offset pertain to? What is the difference between a 10 offset and 15 offset?
Backspacing/offset are essential to the fitment of the wheels on your car. Higher offsets are generally for FWD cars, whereas RWD cars generally use lower offsets. Here's a chart to help; the numbers in white are the corresponding offset values in relation to the wheel's width and backspacing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't remember. In the picture, you can see that it was in the teens. Look like a 16 to me. Assuming it was +16 offset, which would be between 5.75" and 6" of backspacing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not saying that at all. Actually, the lower offset would have the wheel closer to the fender/quarter panel. I think it's a safe bet that as long as your offset is in the teens (+10 to +19) that you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not saying that at all. Actually, the lower offset would have the wheel closer to the fender/quarter panel. I think it's a safe bet that as long as your offset is in the teens (+10 to +19) that you'll be just fine.
So basically your saying 10 would provide the best look as far as l the "flush look"

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm saying you should test different offset wheels on your car to see exactly what it is that you like. I like my cars to tuck the rear wheels, so I like for mine to be inside of the wheelwell.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm saying you should test different offset wheels on your car to see exactly what it is that you like. I like my cars to tuck the rear wheels, so I like for mine to be inside of the wheelwell.
Thanks qdubb!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts