Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
My car is having a miss due to what I believe is the stock wires touching uncoated afterburner headers.

Where is the best place to get OTVC wires for cheap?
if you go to my post in the exhaust section, some guys recommended a way to run the wires in the stock location without burning them up. Im going to try it before i go over the top.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My car is having a miss due to what I believe is the stock wires touching uncoated afterburner headers.

Where is the best place to get OTVC wires for cheap?
I am interested in OTVC wires as well, after one $90 set of accel wires, and countless lifetime autozone wires burning up (all run under the headers, they dont ever physicaly touch em, they just eventualy die from heat, verified with an ohm meter). Autozone said i could butcher the ends off an lt1 set and re-crimp them on to a universal cut-to-length set, but theres got to be a better way than that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
you can call up msd and tell them you need wires for our car but in a custom length, i plan on doing this once i save some cash.

·
Registered
346 Posts
or if you dont mind accell wires you can buy 8 single wires and just ask that there length be the length of the longest stock wire for all of them, thats what i did at autozone and advance autoparts, 5 bucks a wire but i ended up going to about 5 different stores in my area to get all 8 single wires.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Thunder Racing sells a Taylor over the valve cover kit. But I think it's about $120. My 96 9C1 came with a set on it. I never got a picture of the car with that set of wires, even tho I had the car for 2 years with them. I thought about using a set of Jegs wires to do it. I bought a set of LT1 "cut to fit" wires on accident. Let me put it this way. I have enough wire lft over, to make an entire 2nd set of wires. But this was going the stock route. So you get PLENTY of wire with it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
With all the money wasted on replacing burned wires, many of you could have coated your headers by now...

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Given the opti location, over the valve cover wires look really dumb and messy. There are ways to correct the problem. I don't have headers but have seen plenty who do with protected wires. First, get rid of the air pump - I can't believe headers and air pumps cohabitating but they do.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Given the opti location, over the valve cover wires look really dumb and messy. There are ways to correct the problem. I don't have headers but have seen plenty who do with protected wires. First, get rid of the air pump - I can't believe headers and air pumps cohabitating but they do.
Actually, the over the wire setup I had looked very clean, with the way they were routed, and held to the valve covers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.