Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I might get more input here than in my appropriate forum. Hope noone minds. This is my question.

Does anyone know if the rear control arms of a '91 Caprice have the same geometry/measurements etc. as a '90 and earlier?? I realize there was a body change. I'm workin with Southside Machine tryin to come up with a set of Liftbars for my Wagon. Im in the dark on this seein as I have never owned or have access to a '90 and earlier.
Any info would be appreciated including any links that can be provided for more info.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Does anyone know if the rear control arms of a '91 Caprice have the same geometry/measurements etc. as a '90 and earlier?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dimensionally, they are the same for all B and D bodies from 78 onward. Some (maybe all?) of the earlier models may have used a different mounting method for the rear bar to the lower arms (namely, to the side of the arms instead of to the bottom), but I am not sure on that one.

Also, the earlier Chevelle/Malibu chassis (up thru 77 I think) is identical as well for all practical purposes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are manuals. called "Hollanders" which show all parts interchangability (Wow what a word!) I paid $600 for these books, I'd be happy to look it up for you!

There are manuals,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Info appreciated.

NET...I would be in your debt if you could see what you can find out in your Books. The Techs at Southside Machine seem to think Pre'91 liftbars will work fine, but I would like to make sure before I order a set. My main concerns are the center-to-center bushing hole measurements and how exactly the Pre'91 bars bolt up to the housing. The Southsides have plates that push against the rearend housing to provide the "lifting" traction. Im concerned whether there are any obstructions that would prevent the their attachment.

Thx again and hope to hear more input on the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.