Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Maybe this will work and you can splice in the other side.

http://cablejohn.com/Products/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=GMH-32TC

Another option, check with crutchfield.com. They offer harnesses for just about any vehicle and may have something like this they could sell you. they normally include this stuff free with a purchase but think they also sell the harnesses outright. Their techs are very knowledgable and may be able to offer you some other options if you are good with a solder gun.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Crutchfield was of no help either?

What is this harness for and what does it connect between?? Maybe that may help someone else if they know what its for.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The harness I pictured has one end going into the radio, the other goes into the main radio harness in the car. the small plug is were the 12 CD changer harness plugs into.

Basically it is a "T" connector.

The one 4doorSS pictured is a harness that allows you to reinstall a factory radio once the plug has been cut off the factory harness after having installed an aftermarket radio. I had to get one of those to adapt a 1995 and up radio/CD player into my 94 Roadmaster. I also had to get a 1995-96 Roadmaster dash bezel.

I am trying to install a factory CD changer. I have the harness for that too. I just need the harness that I pictured in the OP, which will allow me to plug in my factory CD changer harness into the system.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plug on the right of my CD changer harness (below) would go into the smaller white plug of the part I am looking for in my OP:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Maybe this will work and you can splice in the other side.

http://cablejohn.com/Products/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=GMH-32TC

Another option, check with crutchfield.com. They offer harnesses for just about any vehicle and may have something like this they could sell you. they normally include this stuff free with a purchase but think they also sell the harnesses outright. Their techs are very knowledgable and may be able to offer you some other options if you are good with a solder gun.
Yes, I have an inquiry pending with them. I have been buying from Crutchfield for about 20 years now. Their harnesses are designed to adapt after market products into factory harnesses. My problem pertains to all factory equipment. The part I need is pictured in the OP. I know for sure. It is just that it has been discontinued because most people adapt iPods and the like and few people care about CD changers anymore. But since I have 4000 CDs, and I am NOT going to rip them to an iPod, I need this part to listen to them when I take long trips.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crutchfield and many other audio supply stores have been no help. So.

Last year I installed a double DIN stereo that takes a 32 pin plug. The radio happened to include a cut off harness already attached to the radio. I spliced it in to the 94 Roadmaster harness, got a 95-96 dash bezel, and the 95-96 mounting brackets to adapt the newer Stereo head in. It is working fine.

I found a full length GM T-harness for a Delco changer that physically allowed me to hook up the changer to the head unit. But it kept on blowing fuses. It turns out the seller found out this harness is defective as were the other 10+ harnesses he had. He returned them to GM. I also got my money back.

So, I have been trying to find a way to get a 12 CD changer in my 94 Roadmaster ever since. I found out about the part I pictured in the OP too late, as they are no longer available.

Sooooo, I took the OTHER GM harness (the one pictured above) and took out all the wire pins from the plastic connector and inserted them into the appropriate slots in the factory plug in the radio. Now it WORKS and I finally have a GM 12 CD changer in my 94 Roadmaster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts