Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on replacing the 255/50/17 to a new pair of 255/50/17 front and the 285/40/17 Rear. I have read and read and still havent really understood do i need spacers or not to run them in the rear. I think it might rub on the frame rail. I would hate to spend the almost 900.00 for tires and could have went smaller and cheaper. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For an Impala SS you should be fine. Why you want to run a 27" tall tire up front and a 26" out back, maybe in question, but otherwise they'll fit just fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the wide tires in the back didnt think to put wider in the front. What do you think would be good to run in the front with the 285/40/17 ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
run the 285/40s all around. If you're worried about the fronts......don't be, the stock tires rub in the front on the swaybar a little bit as well. Or you could run 275/40s in the front and run the 285s in th rear. I would run he 285s all around though, so you can rotate em! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Sisemen:
.......What do you think would be good to run in the front with the 285/40/17 ?
Originally posted by RHSS:
......I would run he 285s all around though, so you can rotate em! ;)
It's what I do.

285/40/17 on the 9C1 and 285/40/18 on the SS :cool: !

KW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.