Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got all of my setup for my caprice, now all i have to do is get tires on the ss wheels, and put it on the car... I just had a few last questions(for finishing touches)

1. What tire size should i have with my intrax and stiff bilstien setup? I was going to try potenza's since ive read that people like them. 275/40? I just want to make sure that the front and back arent so big that they end up stuffed up in the fender. I just want a small gap... catch my drift? sorry if i cant explain it well.

2. I would also like to put wheel spacers on my caprice in the rear to have the same look of the ss axle. anyone know what size should go on my cap classic? :confused:

sorry for the involved post, im just real curious...

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the rear axle width is more of a 9C1 issue than a civi. If your car is a 9C1 or has a 9C1 rearend I think 5/8" is the difference per side in axle width from SS to 9C1. You might double check me on that in the drivetrain section search for something like "axle dimentions"(SP?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One piece of advice before you put the SS wheels on the car is to paint the drums black. Makes it look soooo much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.