·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do it do it? Without breaking it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take da mirror off the car and look for screws somwhere on it they maybe little torx screws somwhere

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did mine awhile back and if I remember right I think you just gentlly pull on them and they'll slide out of their guides. Their like three white plastic threaded rods that insert into the servos. Again thats if I remember right lol.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know for sure? If I mess up it will cost me a fortune to get new glass over herecwm1

·
Registered
156 Posts
What outkastss said, theres a T-Shaped plastic that holds the mirror in place. I dont know how you would get it off, becuase you have to be extra careful not to break the mirror.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Does anyone know for sure? If I mess up it will cost me a fortune to get new glass over herecwm1
If you break it, I do not have a problem sending parts overseas. The cost of the lens would be about $10-15USD, and shipping via USPS about another $10USD.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Yes, try to pull it evenly, it should just pop out. I know it hard to get you fingers behind it. Don't try to pry with a screw driver that might break it.
He is correct. I accidentally pulled one out. It popped out easily to my supprise. There are two Phillips head screws on the bottom of the housing that will allow you to remove the mirror/motor assembly, making it easier to work on.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great now I might dare to try it.

Fred thanks for wanting to help an overseas SS owner, appreciate it.
Some parts can be tricky to find.

The reason why I need them out is that a guy from Holland (Ben Led) is going to build LED blinkers in the mirrors. This guy is amazing. He got 20.000 led lamps in and on his Chevy Van:)

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Gentle prying is the only way I can think of to get it out. Or hit a railing but that normally damages the back of the mirror pretty bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts