Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Caprice with the GM VSS-350 security system. The valet switch basically exploded on me so now I can't put the car into valet mode whenever I'm doing something with the car. The alarm resets itself within 2 minutes of turning off the ignition, so you always have to keep the key fob handy.

I thought that I had some information on a source for a replacement switch, but now I can't find it.

Can anyone help?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i believe its a code alarm. do a dealer search for your area & compare switches. they may have an old one lying around.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brett - thanks but I'm now on a merry-go-round. I looked up Code Alarm on the internet. I sent them an e-mail and they told me to contact a GM dealer in my area because the VSS alarms were all made for GM. I contacted the Chevy dealer where I bought the car and they told me that the alarm is too old for them to do anything with it. I contacted Dal Slabaugh and he could not find anything in the GM parts system for anything related to the VSS alarms.

I sent a reply back to Code Alarm to ask for anyone in my area that they know services or installs their merchandise and I have not heard back from them.

There has got to be someone that makes a 3 wire light-up mini-switch of some sort to replace this cheap thing.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
call a local stereo shop. if they dont sell them they may know who does.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a significant number of searches in Google, I came across "autoalarmpro.com" with the phone number 586-677-9580. They stated on their website that they carried a number of parts for Code Alarm systems. I found the 3 wire LED valet switch for $16.95 so I bought one.

They listed that they had 8 remaining if anyone else out there needs one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts